Better Process Control School: Aseptic Foods Certification Course
Add to Cart will direct you to
Registrar's MyFDA portal to complete your transaction
The Better Process Control School (BPCS) Aseptic course is a training program that is designed to meet the FDA regulations for Aseptic Processing and Packaging. The FDA requires that processors of aseptically processed and packaged low-acid foods have a trained supervisor on-site during production, and this course meets the FDA's training requirements for aseptic processing and packaging.
The BPCS Aseptic course covers a range of topics related to aseptic processing and packaging of low-acid foods, including:
- Microbiology and principles of aseptic processing: This section covers the basic principles of microbiology, including the types of microorganisms that can cause food spoilage and foodborne illness. It also covers the different types of aseptic processing, including sterilization of equipment and packaging materials.
- Aseptic processing of low-acid foods: This section covers the definition of aseptic processing, including the types of low-acid foods that require aseptic processing. It also covers the principles of aseptic processing and the different types of equipment used in aseptic processing.
- Aseptic packaging: This section covers the different types of aseptic packaging, including the types of containers used for aseptic packaging, the types of closures used for aseptic packaging, and the different types of equipment used in aseptic packaging.
- Container closure evaluation: This section covers the different methods for evaluating container closures to ensure they are properly sealed.
- Record keeping: This section covers the types of records that must be maintained by food processors, including process records, production records, and distribution records. It also covers the requirements for record-keeping under FDA regulations.
You will complete at least 6 out of 7 chapters. Each Chapter includes videos, followed by interactive exercises that allow you to work with the information, and practice using it using real-world scenarios. There are interactive exercises within the training which you must pass, with a score of 80%, to move on to the next. If you do not pass, you may try again.
Please note: Students will need to purchase the Book separately ($125). It is available:
- Self-paced, practical online training
- Downloadable student notes