- Online Training
- Food Safety Culture Maturity Assessment Tool
Food Safety Culture Maturity Assessment Tool
This Food Safety Culture Maturity Assessment involves completing a series of questions designed to assess your organization’s food safety maturity. The questions are based upon the maturity model presented in the GFSI position paper ‘A Culture of Food Safety’.
The purpose of the assessment is 1) to help you understand more clearly your current food safety culture, and 2) to identify specific improvements you can make to strengthen it.
This assessment tool includes:
- An introductory video explaining the concepts that inform the maturity assessment and how to use it
- Assessment questions for each of the 20 components of food safety culture maturity outlined by GFSI
- A score for each component
- Suggested actions to take to improve upon each component, customized to your current score in that particular area
By making the recommended improvements, or taking steps similar to the suggested actions, you can improve your food safety culture. You can demonstrate in an audit that you are taking informed and measured actions to affect multiple dimensions that impact culture.
The assessment also enables you to develop a long term program of improvement, evaluating your current maturity level at regular intervals. The 20 components of food safety culture evaluated in the assessment can be used as performance indicators, with measurable results that demonstrate action and continuous improvement where needed.