Retorts with Overpressure: Still and Agitating
Overpressuring helps to balance internal pressure formed during a routine thermal process. The overpressuring prevents certain packages from malforming during the heating and cooling phases.
This course will cover
- the purpose of over-pressuring retorts
- effect of over-pressuring on different packaging types and other critical factors
- types of batch retorts with overpressure frequently used for canning
- still and agitating retorts
- heating media and retort construction materials
Each Chapter includes videos, followed by interactive exercises that allow you to work with the information, and practice using it using real-world scenarios. There are interactive exercises within the training which you must pass, with a score of 80%, in order to move on to the next. If you do not pass, you may try again.
Better Process Control School Certification Courses
9th Edition Better Process Control School Certification courses are now available online. The courses are conveniently self-paced and include training certificate. Learn more
- Self-paced, practical online training
- Printable certificate of completion
- Downloadable student notes