- Online Training
- FSPCA Preventive Controls for Animal Food Online Training Course
Animal Food PCQI Online Training: FSPCA Preventive Controls for Animal Food
The Only 100% Online, Self-Paced PCQI Training with the Official FSPCA Certificate.
This online PCQI training is for the person who will have the responsibilities of the Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) or for anyone who would like to learn more about the FSMA rule and how to write a Food Safety Plan according to the rule requirements.
Subpart C of the Preventive Controls for ANIMAL Food rule requires that food facilities develop and implement a written Food Safety Plan. All facilities that are subject to Subpart C must have a PCQI available to perform or oversee the responsibilities.
Most facilities that register with the FDA fall under the rule.
This training will cover
- Background and guidance information on food safety
- Food Safety Plan development and practice
- Preventive Controls for ANIMAL Food regulation
- Click on the "Agenda" tab above to view all topics
There are 10 chapters. Each Chapter includes videos, followed by interactive exercises that allow you to work with the information, and practice using it using real-world scenarios.
You will gain experience and a deeper understanding of the steps involved in writing a Food Safety Plan. You will work with a model Food Safety Plan, complete exercises, and work through each step of the process of building a Food Safety Plan.
There is no final exam. There are interactive exercises within the training that you must pass, with a score of 80%, in order to move on to the next. If you do not pass, you may try again.
Why Take this PCQI Online Training
- Learn how to perform the responsibilities of the PCQI, including how to write a Food Safety Plan. This is the FSPCA standardized curriculum
- Students receive the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) and International Food Protection Training Institute (IFPTI/FSPCA) certificate.
- Participating in this course meets the requirements for a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual
- Taking this course is one way to meet that requirement, and your certificate will show that you have been trained under the FSPCA standardized curriculum.
Common Questions Answered
Is the course for me?
The course is for ANIMAL food processing facilities, so if your facility is manufacturing, processing, or packing pet food, animal feed, and raw materials and ingredients, this course is for your company and you should complete it to ensure you are able to write the food safety plan.
I work a busy schedule, how long will it take to complete the full course?
We expect it will take 20 hours for you to complete the training. The course is 100% online and self-paced, so you can stop and start when you need to for your work. Your progress is saved online and you will not lose your progress if you need to exit halfway through an exercise for your work.
How is the course structured?
Through the course you will watch videos, then complete interactive exercises to practice and test your knowledge. You must score 80% or more to pass and move on to the next one.
What happens if I fail an exercise?
If you do not pass, you can try again as many times as you need to in order to complete the exercises. The training will not lock you out if you fail.
When will I receive my certificate?
The Monday after you finish your course will receive the FSPCA certificate. Instructions to download it will be emailed to you.
Will I get the official PCQI Certificate?
The certificate is recognized by the FDA, so if the FDA or a 3rd party audits your facility, they will recognize your certificate and know that you have been trained as a PCQI.
Does the PCQI Certificate Expire?
At this time, there is no expiration date on PCQI certificates and no requirement for retraining. However, refresher training every few years is a good idea.
- Downloadable PDF FSPCA Student Manual (526 pages)
- Sample forms, food safety plans, and other resources
- 20+ hours of self-paced, practical online training
- AFDO/IFSH/IFTPI certificate of completion