- Online Training
- FSPCA PCQI Training
PCQI Online Training: FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food
The ONLY 100% Online, Self-Paced PCQI Training with the Official FSPCA Certificate.
$799 USDBuy 3 and save $100 on each!
You will have a full year to assign and use the training!
The price will update in the cart when you enter the quantity.
Add to Cart will direct you to
Registrar's MyFDA portal to complete your transaction
This online PCQI training is designed for individuals who will be assuming the role of a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) or for anyone interested in learning more about the requirements of the FSMA rule and how to develop a Food Safety Plan that meets those requirements.
Subpart C of the Preventive Controls for Human Food rule requires that food facilities develop and implement a written Food Safety Plan. All facilities that are subject to Subpart C must have a trained PCQI available to perform or oversee the responsibilities. Most facilities that register with the FDA fall under the rule.
This is the only online course which is fully self-paced that allows you to earn the official FSPCA PCQI certificate. You may begin anytime and work at your own pace, complete the training as it suits your schedule.
How the Course Works
The course includes 16 chapters, each containing videos and interactive exercises that provide hands-on experience in creating and implementing a Food Safety Plan that meets the requirements of the FSMA rule. Real-world scenarios are used to reinforce the concepts learned in each chapter.
Throughout the course, you will work with a model Food Safety Plan and complete exercises that guide you through each step of the process of writing a Food Safety Plan.
There is no final exam. There are interactive exercises within the training which you must pass, with a score of 80%, in order to move on to the next. If you do not pass, you may try again.
By the end of the training, you will have gained valuable experience and a deeper understanding of the steps involved in developing and implementing a Food Safety Plan that meets the requirements of the FSMA rule.
Registrar Corp also offers the Animal Food version of the PCQI training. Click here for information and registration.
This training will cover
- Background and guidance information on food safety
- How to Develop a Food Safety Plan
- Interactive, hands-on practice developing a Food Safety Plan
- Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation
- Good Manufacturing Practices and other Prerequisite Programs
- Biological Food Safety Hazards
- Chemical, Physical, and Economically Motivated Food Safety Hazards
- Preliminary Steps in Developing a Food Safety Plan
- Resources for Food Safety Plans
- Hazard Analysis and preventive Controls Determination
- Process, Food Allergen, Sanitation and Supply Chain Preventive Controls
- Verification and Validation Procedures
- Food Allergen Preventive Controls
- Record-keeping Procedures
- Recall Plans
- Regulation Overview
Why Take this PCQI Online Training
- Learn how to perform the responsibilities of the PCQI, including how to write a Food Safety Plan. This is the FSPCA standardized curriculum
- Students receive the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) and International Food Protection Training Institute (IFPTI/FSPCA) certificate
- Participating in this course meets the requirements for a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual
- Taking this course is one way to meet that requirement, and your certificate will show that you have been trained under the FSPCA standardized curriculum.
Is the course for me?
The course is for human food processing facilities, so if your facility is manufacturing, processing, or packing human food, this course is for your company and you should complete it to ensure you are able to write the food safety plan.
I work a busy schedule, how long will it take to complete the full course?
We expect it will take 20 hours for you to complete the training. The course is 100% online and self-paced, so you can stop and start when you need to for your work. You will have 1 year from the date of purchase to access the course. Your progress is saved online and you will not lose your progress if you need to exit halfway through an exercise for your work.
How is the course structured?
Through the course you will watch videos, then complete interactive exercises to practice and test your knowledge. You must score 80% or more to pass and move on to the next one.
What happens if I fail an exercise?
If you do not pass, you can try again as many times as you need to in order to complete the exercises. The training will not lock you out if you fail.
When will I receive my certificate?
The certificates will be issued once per week, usually on a Tuesday so you can expect to receive yours the Tuesday after you complete the course. If you complete your course on a Monday, you will receive your certificate the Tuesday of the next week.
Will I get the official PCQI Certificate?
The certificate is recognized by the FDA, so if the FDA or a 3rd party audits your facility, they will recognize your certificate and know that you have been trained as a PCQI.
Does the PCQI Certificate Expire?
At this time, there is no expiration date on PCQI certificates and no requirement for retraining. However, refresher training every few years is a good idea.
And that means that everyone successfully completing this course meets the requirements for becoming a preventive controls qualified individual.
- Downloadable PDF FSPCA Student Manual (526 pages)
- Sample forms, food safety plans, and other resources
- 20+ hours of self-paced, practical online training
- AFDO/IFSH/IFTPI certificate of completion