SQF Implementation Plan: Training
It is important that your site has a training program in place so that it is clear what training is required for each position, how the training will be delivered,and what records will be in place to demonstrate that employees have been trained.
Review SQF Code:
You will find the requirements for this process in section 2.9 of the SQF Code.
- Procedure: P-290 Training
- Forms: F-290-001 Training Skills Register, F-290-002 Training Plan, F-290-003 Group Training Record
- Master Project Plan
- Train employees on GMPs, any tasks related to the food safety plan, and measuring and monitoring of CCPs or other controls and any other food safety-related tasks.
- HACCP Training is required for those involved with developing or maintaining the food safety plan.
- Identify the specific competencies and training requirements for each position, and ensure that employees receive the required training.
- Document your training program so that it is clear what training is required for each position, what food safety training is required, how the training will be derived and what records are maintained.
- Remember to consider the languages used in the facility.
- Keep records of all training, and have a method of checking for the effectiveness of the training programs.
- Keep a training register that identifies training that has been provided.
- Measure the effectiveness of training.
First Team Meeting Agenda:
- Review the requirements of the SQF Code, and the responsibilities listed in this plan.
- Review the example procedure and forms. The procedure describes a process that can be used to address the tasks on the Master Project Plan. You will use that as a starting point, and make changes to customize the process for your organization and method of doing things.
- Review the tasks on the Master Implementation Plan form for your team.
- Set up a team meeting schedule to assign and complete these tasks. Meeting weekly or every other week at the same time is an effective method.
Future Action Items:
- When the items have been addressed, or plans are in place to address them, work to revise the procedure to reflect your new, compliant process. Revise the forms as needed.
- When completed, submit your new documentation (Procedure, Related Forms, List of Records) and your completed plan to the SQF Practitioner for review and approval.
- List any additional records (not listed in the procedure already) that should be retained for your process on the table below so they can be incorporated into the records table. Share this table with the Document Control and Records team.
Our SQF Template Package includes MS Word versions of all the implementation plans, along with the forms and procedures referenced. The SQF Template Package is available in:
SQF Practitioner Training & Implementation Package
Fulfill the SQF Edition 9 training requirements for an SQF Practitioner. Learn the requirements of SQF. Work with the requirements in interactive exercises to understand how to implement, document, and audit an SQF system.
SQF for the Practitioner + HACCP Certification Training Package
Perfect for the SQF Practitioner: Training on SQF Requirements and HACCP.
Master the SQF Edition 9 Code Requirements. This course is for management, Food Safety team members, and anyone who wants to understand the requirements of the SQF Food Safety Code.
SQF Internal Auditor Training
Gain the qualifications you need to become an SQF 9 Internal Auditor and audit your company's SQF system effectively and with confidence
Food Safety Culture
Learn how to measure and improve your company’s food safety culture. This course covers concepts and actions you can take to embed food safety more fully into the behavior, beliefs, and attitudes of all employees at your organization.
SQF Template Package
Learn to plan and document your Food Safety Management System with SQF Manual, Procedure, and Form Templates. The templates are downloadable and ready to customize for your organization.
SQF Premium Training & Implementation Package
This cost-saving training package includes training for your SQF Practitioner, food safety team, internal auditors and employees.
SQF Corporate Training Package
This cost-saving training package for larger or multi-site companies includes training for your SQF Practitioner, food safety team, internal auditors, and employees.
Food Safety Culture Maturity Assessment Tool
Measure your organization’s current food safety culture maturity to get a clear picture of what is going well and where improvement is needed. Learn what steps you can take to make improvements in all the components that drive food safety culture.
Production Workers: GMP Essentials
Get your production team the up-to-date essential food safety GMP training they need and your business deserves.