Use Task Teams for your SQF/FSSC/BRCGS/ISO Implementation Project
The Task Teams that management assigns will each look at the requirements for their process and procedure.
The task team will:
- Be responsible for comparing the requirements of the standard to the current process used at your company.
- Design a new process, or modify the current process so the company will be meeting the standard or code requirements.
- Write a procedure for the new process, and give it to the Steering Team to review.
- Once the procedure is approved, they will introduce it to employees, training as needed. The company will then start using the new process/procedure. It is important to remember that not all of the Task Teams need to start working at the same time. The Steering Team will need to prepare a timeline and assign start and end dates for the Task Teams. The Task Team leader is responsible for scheduling the first team meeting according to the plan on the Gantt chart.
Team Leader: Create a Task Team First Meeting Agenda, including:
- Discussion of the Responsibilities of the Steering Team, Task Teams, and implementation steps
- If you are using Registrar Corp’s Procedures, hand out the Procedures and Forms for the process the team is responsible for. Learn more about the procedure templates: SQF / FSSC 22000 / BRCGS / ISO 22000
Explain to the team that the Procedure and your process must match. Some of your processes (the way you do things) will need to be changed to meet the requirements of the standard, and parts of the procedure will need to be edited to accurately describe what you do.
If you are not using the prepared procedures, this team will also be responsible for developing and documenting the new procedure for their section of the standard Identify the requirements of the standard that you will need to address to be in compliance.
Schedule the next meeting
During the following meetings, you will work on the tasks that you have listed above. Once the process has been determined, the procedure will need to be finalized and sent for approval by the Steering Team.
Agendas for the next meetings should include:
- Read the Registrar Corp Procedure Template that applies to the process the team is working on. (Or, if the team is not using Registrar Corp procedures, outline a new process to meet the requirements of the standard)
- Assign tasks for implementing changes in your processes and editing prepared procedures.
- Set next agenda
- Schedule next meeting