FSSC 22000 Requirements
FSSC 22000 requires that you design and document a Food Safety Management System (FSMS). The ISO 22000 and the ISO 22002-1 standard contain the specific requirements to be addressed by the FSMS. (Purchase Standards)
Requirements in the ISO 22000 Standard include:
- Having an overall Food Safety Policy for your organization, developed by top management.
- Setting objectives that will drive your companies efforts to comply with this policy.
- Planning and designing a management system and documenting the system.
- Maintaining records of the performance of the system.
- Establishing a group of qualified individuals to make up a Food Safety Team.
- Defining communication procedures to ensure effective communication with important contacts outside the company (regulatory, customers, suppliers and others) and for effective internal communication.
- Having an emergency plan
- Holding management review meetings to evaluate the performance of the FSMS
- Providing adequate resources for the effective operation of the FSMS including appropriately trained and qualified personnel, sufficient infrastructure and appropriate work environment to ensure food safety
- Following HACCP principles
- Establishing a traceability system for identification of product
- Establishing a corrective action system and control of nonconforming product
- Maintaining a documented procedure for handling withdrawal of product
- Controlling monitoring and measuring devices
- Establishing and maintaining and internal audit program
Prerequisite programs in ISO/TS 22002-1 and the ISO/TS 22002-4 include requirements for:
- Construction and layout of building
- Layout of premises and workspace
- Utilities – air, water, energy
- Waste disposal
- Equipment suitability, cleaning and maintenance
- Management of purchased material
- Measures for prevention of cross contamination
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Pest control
- Personnel hygiene and employee facilities
- Product recall procedures
- Product information
- Food defense, biovigilance and bioterrorism
FSSC 22000 Online Training
Complete Training Package for FSSC 22000
Train your food safety team leader and learn how to build a FSSC 22000 food safety system.
Implementing FSSC 22000
Online Training Course for the Food Safety Team Leader. Learn the requirements of FSSC 22000 and how to implement.
Understanding FSSC 22000
Online Training Course for the Food Safety Team and Management for an understanding of the requirements.
FSSC 22000 Internal Auditor Training
Gain the qualifications and skills you need in order to audit your company's FSSC 22000 system effectively and with confidence
Food Safety Culture
Learn how to measure and improve your company’s food safety culture. This course covers concepts and actions you can take to embed food safety more fully into the behavior, beliefs, and attitudes of all employees at your organization.
FSSC 22000 Manual, Procedures & PRP Templates
Download professionally designed templates to help you document your FSSC 22000 system. Includes FSSC 22000 Version 6 Manual, Procedures, PRPs, and forms.
Premium Training Package for FSSC 22000
This cost-saving training package includes training for your food safety team leader, food safety team, internal auditors and employees.
Corporate Training Package for FSSC 22000
This cost-saving training package for larger or multi-site companies includes training for your food safety team leader, food safety team, internal auditors and employees.
FSSC 22000 Training + HACCP Certification Training Package
Perfect for the FSSC 22000 Food Safety Team Leader: Training on FSSC 22000 Requirements and HACCP.
Food Safety Culture Maturity Assessment Tool
Measure your organization’s current food safety culture maturity to get a clear picture of what is going well and where improvement is needed. Learn what steps you can take to make improvements in all the components that drive food safety culture.
Production Workers: GMP Essentials
Get your production team the up-to-date essential food safety GMP training they need and your business deserves.